Comprac KwaZulu Natal » About Comprac
Founded in 1994, the ComPrac Group has headquarters in Gauteng, office facilities in the Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal, and satellite offices countrywide. The Group enjoys a close association with the legal fraternity and other industry sectors that are committed to global best practice in health and safety management.
In South Africa, the Department of Labour regulates occupational health and safety inspection and enforcement in commerce and industry (apart from the mining and energy sector, which falls under the country’s Department of Minerals and Energy).
In Section 8 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the employer’s legal requirement to identify, assess and control risk is unpacked as follows:
“Every employer shall provide and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. ”
ComPrac can help clients to do this with the minimum inconvenience and hassle.
ComPrac is able to assist clients in ensuring continued legal compliance with:
- The Occupational Health & Safety Act 85 of 1999
- The Compensation of Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993
- The Local Government Municipal Systems Act 32 of 2000
- The Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
ComPrac is proud to have an award-winning methodology in safety management, based on a synergistic and user-friendly health and safety system in which employees in the construction, mining and commercial spaces are able to participate.
Under ComSaf, commercial and industrial clients are offered legal liability in OH&S and environmental management systems, where the occupational risks of property developers, principal contractors and/or trade contractors are managed.
- Property developers, under DevCon
- Principal contractors, under ConCord
- Trade contractors, under TradeCon
- The resources industry, under EnviroRisk
- Mining companies, under ConCom
- Special risks (nuclear energy, power, mining, air transport), under ManRisk
There are many benefits of implementing ComPrac OH&S standards and systems:
- Health, safety and environmental risks can be easily identified.
- Risks can be prioritised and addressed systematically.
- Assessment and implementation can begin immediately.
- All staff members are able to take ownership and participate.
- Compliance reduces absenteeism, claims and insurance assessments.
- Moral, legal and financial OH&S issues can be addressed.
- Compliance enables international benchmarking opportunities.
- OH&S standards can be incorporated into sustainable reporting.
ComPrac firmly believes in health and safety services that extend beyond the role of kit provider. In this, we adopt the role of agent, which is the desired outcome for clients because we share the risk. Our people are not consultants in that we do not suggest solutions. In contrast, we are the solution. ComPrac is also proud to be the only OH&S provider in South Africa to be ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 certified.
ComPrac Holdings is staffed by an expert human resource base that specialises in all disciplines relating to health and safety management. The company is also associated with Klass Looch Associates. Established in 1986, this law firm provides legal advice and representation and conducts OHS legislation workshops. Its co-founder, Raynard Looch, has successfully represented many employers in criminal matters pertaining to occupational health and safety legislation. He is also the author of The Guideline to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other publications.
ComPrac Holdings has achieved the following accreditations and associations:
- Approved Inspection Authority (AIA) – South African Department of Labour
- Member – South African Institute of Risk Management
- Member – South African Institute of Safety Management
- Member – UK Institute of Occupational Safety and Health
- Member – International Institute of Risk & Safety Management
- Accredited Provider of Safety Training & Learning Programmes – HWSETA